Elevated Bacteria Levels Reported At Carmel, Monterey BeachesTwo Monterey County beaches are under advisory due to elevated bacteria levels, county health officials said Wednesday.
HK Researchers Develop Antiviral Spray Coating Purported To Protect Surfaces From COVID-19 Up To 90 DaysResearchers at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) claim they have developed an antiviral coating that could protect surfaces from viruses such as the one that causes COVID-19 for as long as 3 months.
Hand Sanitizers Are Losing Kill Power Against This Germ In Hospitals, Study FindsIn hospitals, one bacterial species is becoming increasingly tolerant to the alcohols used in hand sanitizers.
Man Dies Of Bacterial Infection After Eating Oysters In RestaurantHealth officials say the customer was exposed to a bacterial infection known as Vibrio vulnificus and died just two days after visiting the Sarasota eatery.
CDC: Stop Going Into Hotel Pools And Hot Tubs With DiarrheaCDC officials say that over 27,000 people have gotten sick because of water-related pathogens since 2000.
Heavy Drinking Could Increase 'Bad' Bacteria In Mouth, Study FindsPeople who drink more than the recommended daily limit of alcohol may harbor an unhealthy mix of bacteria in their mouths, a new study suggests.
Bathroom Hand Dryers Spray Feces Particles On Your Hands, Study SaysResearchers say the machines which are designed to blow hot air on you are actually sucking up feces particles and spraying them onto your hands.
Antibiotic Resistant 'Nightmare Bacteria' Spreading In U.S., CDC WarnsInfections of this kind are "virtually untreatable with modern medicine," CDC Principal Deputy Director Dr. Anne Schuchat said in a press briefing on April 3.
Fremont Dog Park Closed For Cleaning Due To Bacterial RiskThe Central Park Dog Park in Fremont is closed this week for cleaning and maintenance and will remain closed until further notice, police said.
Blowing Out Candles On Birthday Cake Is So Germy, You'll Wish You Hadn'tA new study says blowing out those candles on the birthday cake spreads not only thousands of tiny drops of saliva, but each aerosol drop carries with it a host of germs that can make you sick.
Capitola White Shark Died Of Bacterial InfectionA 10-foot white shark that struggled in the shallow waters of a Capitola beach while bystanders tried to come to its aid died of a bacterial infection.
With The Rain Comes Stagnant Waters And A Dog-Killing BacteriaRain could be to blame for a deadly bacteria killing Bay Area dogs.
Monterey Beach Goers Urged To Stay Out Of The Ocean Over BacteriaAn advisory warning residents to stay out of the water at Monterey Municipal Beach has been expanded to all county beaches for at least the next three days, Monterey County health officials announced Thursday.
Advisory Posted At Monterey Beach Due To BacteriaMonterey County health officials warned swimmers to stay out of the water because the higher levels of bacteria.
Source Of Shigella Outbreak At San Jose Restaurant May Never Be Identified, Health Officials SayLaboratory tests have returned for food service workers at a Mexican seafood restaurant in San Jose, which has been closed for nearly two weeks since almost 200 people fell ill, of which nearly 100 have been found with an infectious bacterial disease, Santa Clara County public health officials said Thursday.