Kay Robertson is the revered matriarch of the Robertson family and star of Duck Dynasty®. For almost five decades, she’s been keeping Phil and her boys from spending too much time in the woods by bringing them back to civilization with a home cooked meal. Her second cookbook Duck Commander Kitchen Presents Celebrating Family And Friends is out now from sister company Simon & Schuster and available wherever books are sold.
From the star of Duck Dynasty and matriarch of the popular Robertson family comes Duck Commander Kitchen Presents Celebrating Family And Friends a savory new collection of recipes that gives you and your family plenty of reasons to sit down together and share a meal, love, and laughter. This recipe is something fun that your kids or grandkids can help you make.
Paper Cup Strawberry Popsicles
Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds very ripe fresh or thawed frozen strawberries, caps removed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- cooking spray
- In a large bowl, crush the berries. Stir in the sugar and let sit until the berries release some juice, about 30 minutes. Pour into a blender, add the lemon juice and corn syrup, and puree.
- Coat eight 6-ounce paper cups with cooking spray. Divide the strawberry mixture among the cups. Cover the top of each cup with a double thickness of foil. Make a small slit in the center of the foil with the tip of a paring knife. Insert a wooden popsicle stick into each slit, using the foil to hold it in place.
- Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and preferably overnight. Discard the foil. Snip the edge of the paper cups with scissors and then peel away the paper. Serve at once.