SAN FRANCISCO (CBS/AP) – Apple announced a digital radio service, new MacBook laptops and updates to its operating systems for Mac and mobile devices Monday.
The announcements came at the company’s annual conference for software developers in San Francisco.
Among the highlights: Apple showed off a simplified look on iPhones and iPads. It is the most radical design change since the iPhone made its debut in 2007. It’s part of iOS 7, the new operating system for mobile devices.
- Photo Gallery: Apple Developers Conference 2013
- Revamped Look Of iPhone, iPad Software
- New Music Streaming Service Called iTunes Radio
- Highlights From Apple’s Developers Conference
- WWDC 2013: Full Coverage From CNET
The new operating system strives for a clean, simple, translucent impression. Apple is redesigning all its applications and icons to conform to the new look, driven by long-time hardware design chief Jony Ive.